2013년 8월 2일 금요일

Nick Cannon to Amanda Bynes: 'I'm here for you'

  • Nick Cannon to Amanda Bynes: 'I'm here for you'

    Nick Cannon
    Photo credit: Nick Cannon (Getty)
    Nick Cannon reaches out to his “little sister” Amanda Bynes in an open letter posted to hiswebsite Wednesday, offering support to his former Nickelodeon co-star currently on a two-week long involuntary psychiatric hold.
    The “America’s Got Talent” host, who first worked with Bynes, 27, on the fifth season of “All That” in 1998, wrote that the situation is “no laughing matter,” requesting the starlet call and lean on him.
    Cannon, 32, who is also a rapper and married to Mariah Carey,  blames “access to excess,” fame and the workings of the entertainment industry for many of his friends falling victim to “dangerous addictions.”
    Cannon adds “This is what I believe happens to many people in the public eye and we all sit back and judge these people for our own entertainment. We say things like, " I’m glad I’m not famous ", “Celebrities are Crazy", “See what fame and money does to people". And most of the time your assumptions and accusations maybe accurate but also inappropriate.”
    He concludes the 946-words-long letter with a direct offer of support to Bynes, followed by the lyrics to Bill Withers’ “Lean on Me”: “So I say to my sister Amanda Bynes you’re not alone. I’m here for you. I understand. I care and I appreciate you, because that’s what family does and that’s what family is for… not to be all cheesy and over sentimental but I got to end this with the ingenious Wither’s lyrics "Lean on me when you’re not strong and I’ll be your friend, I’ll help you carry on. For it won’t be long until I’ll need somebody to lean on.” 
    Bynes is scheduled to appear in court Aug. 26 in Manhattan regarding her flap in her apartment building in which she allegedly threw a bong on the window.
    (amNY)

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기